Arranging a funeral is a highly personal matter and whilst some people prefer to have a smaller, more intimate service, others prefer a more elaborate celebration of somebody’s life.
Decisions should be made early on for the following:
- Whether it will be a burial or cremation.
- Where the funeral will take place (church, cremation chapel, cemetery chapel, graveside, elsewhere).
We would then need to know:
- The personal details of the deceased (full name, address and age).
- Where the deceased is currently resting.
- Who the deceased’s doctor is and how they can be contacted.
- Whether a death certificate has been issued.
- If the funeral will be a religious or non-religious ceremony.
Our friendly staff will be able to advise on the finer details of the arrangements, including:
- The choice of coffin or casket.
- How the deceased will be dressed.
- The funeral day including; transport, catering, music choices, flowers and donations.
- Placing an obituary.